Search This Blog

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Frosty Kennedy- Mar. 21, 1926 - June 5, 1998





Forrest E. "Frosty" Kennedy
Birth: Mar. 21, 1926
Death: Jun. 5, 1998

Minor League Baseball Player. On September 6, 1956, while a 30-year-old first baseman for the Plainview (Texas) Ponies of the Class B Southwestern League, he blasted his 60th home run of the season against the San Angelo Colts. He was the last of three minor leagers to hit 60 in 1956.

Search Amazon for Forrest Kennedy

Burial:
Riverside National Cemetery
Riverside
Riverside County
California, USA
Plot: Section 48, Grave 2255
GPS (lat/lon): 33.53146, -117.16879

Record added: Jun 3 2000

2 comments:

Tim Kennedy said...

My name is Timothy P. Kennedy, son of Daniel Kennedy, nephew of William Kennedy and Frosty was my grandfather. He accomplished some spectacular things in his lifetime and like most of us, had his challenges in his personal life. I am saddened to say that his son William passed away January 2007 at the VA hospital in Long Beach from cancer. I can only say that I am happy that Frosty met his great grandson Trenton before he passed away and I wish that I had a closer relationship with him over the years. I will tell my son of the great things that he achieved in his lifetime and visit him on Memorial Day. I have followed in my grandfather's and uncles footsteps of military service and am an E-8 Master Sergeant in the Army National Guard. I know they are proud of me I love you grandpa Frosty and Uncle Billy, you both will be missed.

Forrest E. Kennedy 111 said...

I last saw Bill at Frosty’s funeral in Riverside. It was at that time that he gave me boxes of records and newspaper clippings covering his 11 year career in baseball. Your aunt La Nona had her 25 wedding anniversary recently and Bud and Pat Kennedy were there. I hope you looked at the pictures that I posted on 60 homers club.
Your service to your country in very commendable and I hope you stay safe.
I have some pictures of my sister and her kids visiting Dan and his family in Arizona. If you contact me via E-mail I will send them to you.
drivemyway@yahoo.com

Thanks for leaving your post, Forrest Kennedy